The Inkey List 5% Benzoyl Peroxide Cleanser 150ml
Acne Solution with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide is a specialized treatment that has been formulated for people with troublesome, persistent acne or irritated spots. For mild, occasional acne try our Salicylic Acid Cleanser.
We do not recommend this product if you have sensitive skin or are sensitive to Benzoyl Peroxide.
We do not recommend this product if pregnant or breastfeeding.
Inkey List dermatologists recommend to always patch test before using this product for the first time.
- To reduce the chance of irritation, gradually introduce Acne Solution with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide into your AM and PM routine. Apply the product sparingly to one or two small affected areas during the first 3 days. If no discomfort occurs, start by using once a day, every 3 days and use a gentle cleanser on alternative days.
- Apply a raspberry-sized amount of Acne Solution with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide to wet face, gently massage the area for no longer than 1-2 minutes, rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
- Follow with our hero hydrator Hyaluronic Acid Serum as your first step after cleansing, then apply preferred treatments & moisturizer.
- We do not recommend using Salicylic Acid on the same day as Acne Solution or using with Retinol, BHAs or AHAs in the same routine.
- As this product can cause sun sensitivity, apply a broad spectrum sunscreen as the last step in your AM routine.
- Gradually increase to 2 times daily if needed or as directed by your doctor. If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day.
- If irritation or sensitivity develops, stop using this product and ask a doctor.
Acne Solution with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide will get to work straight away and you will see a gradual improvement in your acne. However, you will see your best results after using consistently for 4 weeks. Please note that it can take up to 3 months of consistent use for more persistent skin concerns.
- 5% Benzoyl Peroxide: Kills acne-causing bacteria, helping to both treat existing breakouts and prevent new ones.
- 5% Glycerin: Helps combat the drying effects of Benzoyl Peroxide by drawing water into the skin.
- 0.05% Hyaluronic Acid: Two different molecular weight Hyaluronic Acids specially formulated to remain on the skin post-wash-off to help lock in moisture.
Full List of Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate, Decyl Glucoside, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Sodium Chloride, Ethylhexylglycerin, SodiumHydroxide, Polyquaternium-10, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate, t-Butyl Alcohol.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
CAN THIS BE USED IN THE AM & PM?
This Acne Solution with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide can be used in the AM and PM. After gradually introducing this into your routine and finding no irritation, you can use this up to 2 times daily.
CAN I DOUBLE CLEANSE WITH THIS PRODUCT?
We don't recommend using this cleanser twice in the same routine, but you could use this as the second cleanse. We recommend using Oat Cleansing Balm as your first cleanser.
CAN I USE 5% BENZOYL PEROXIDE LONG TERM?
To help maintain results, you can use Acne Solution with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide in the long term. Introduce into your routine and keep consistent until signs of acne have reduced. You can then reduce application frequency to help maintain results.
CAN I USE 5% BENZOYL PEROXIDE ON MY BODY?
No. This hasn’t been formulated or tested for use on body. You can however use our Salicyic Acid Cleanser on your body.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I USE THIS?
To reduce the chance of irritation, gradually introduce Acne Solution with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide into your AM and PM routine, starting by using once a day, every 3 days and use a gentle cleanser on alternative days.
WHAT CAN I LAYER WITH THIS PRODUCT?
Acne Solution with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide will work well into your daily skincare routine, but we do not recommend using Salicylic Acid on the same day as Acne Solution or using with Retinol, BHAs or AHAs in the same routine. Layering with Hyaluronic Acid Serum and using an SPF is a great place to start.
IS IT SUITABLE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN?
We do not recommend Acne Solution with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide product if you have sensitive skin or are sensitive to Benzoyl Peroxide.
CAN I USE RETINOL AFTER USING THIS IN THE EVENINGS?
Avoid using Retinol in the same routine as Acne Solution with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide. Retinoids with Benzoyl Peroxide can increase the risk of irritation. We suggest consulting with a dermatologist or doctor if you are already using prescribed Retinoids.
CAN I USE VITAMIN C AFTER USING THIS IN THE MORNING?
If gradually introduce Acne Solution with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide into your routine and you have performed a patch test, this product can be used in the same routine as a Vitamin C Serum. We'd suggest to use Hyaluronic Acid Serum after Acne Solution with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide and before your Vitamin C Serum to ensure the skin is hydrated and to prevent irritation. To patch test, after using your cleanser and hydrating your skin, apply a small patch of your Vitamin C Serum on the jaw area. Do this for three days to see if any irritation will occur.
IS ACNE SOLUTION WITH 5% BENZOYL PEROXIDE AN AHA OR BHA?
Benzoyl Peroxide is neither AHA or BHA. Benozoyl Peroxide is an antiseptic which kills acne-causing bacteria on the surface of the skin.
WHAT % OF BENZOYL PEROXIDE IS IN THIS FORMULA?
WHAT IS THE PH LEVEL OF THIS PRODUCT?
5 - 5.5.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO SEE RESULTS?
If used consistently, with Acne Solution with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide you may start to see your best results after 4 weeks. That said it will get to work straight away and you will see a gradual improvement in your acne. For more persistent concerns, it can take up to 3 months of consistent use before optimal results.
IS THIS PRODUCT PREGNANCY SAFE?
No. Acne Solution with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide should not be used during pregnancy and when breastfeeding.
IS THIS PRODUCT VEGAN?
Yes, this Acne Solution with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide is certified by The Vegan Society.
CAN I USE THIS WITH PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION?
Please consult with a dermatologist or doctor if you are already using, or plan to use prescribed medication.
Yes we offer free delivery if you reach our minimum order amount depends on location. You may check in our FAQ page for more info.
Zone A - Minimum 60 QAR Free Delivery, less charge 15 QAR
Zone B - Minimum 150 QAR Free Delivery, less charge 15 QAR
Zone C - Minimum 100 QAR Free Delivery, less charge 15 QAR
Zone D - Minimum 350 QAR free delivery, less charge 40 QAR
Currently we are not accepting returns and exchange of products to provide good quality product to our customer. Please double check your order before placing an order.