Our award-winning serum is a harmonious blend of antioxidants that work wonders on improving the overall appearance of the skin!
• Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate) – One of the most vital ingredients in any effective skin care regimen, Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles & discoloration.
• Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, a more stable form of Vitamin C than the commonly used L-Ascorbic Acid found in most skin care products, provides the same benefits, without the risk of oxidation and irritation that is often associated with L-Ascorbic Acid.
• Vitamin E - Protective antioxidant that has been shown to reduce the appearance of wrinkles & discoloration.
• Ferulic Acid – A natural antioxidant found in the cell walls of plants. When combined with vitamins C & E, Ferulic Acid has been shown in studies to have a compounding antioxidant effect.
• Hyaluronic Acid – A naturally occurring substance in the body, hyaluronic acid begins to deplete as we age. Applied topically it can help increase the plumped up look of the skin.
• Konjac Root – Exotic flower from Asia, helps to soften & smooth the skin while forming a thin protective barrier. Rich in nutrients such as copper, zinc, phosphorus, fatty acids, protein, carbohydrates, lipids, potassium, magnesium, iron, niacin, folic acid & vitamins A, E, C, D & B!
• Chamomile Extract – Provides a thin protective shield, while naturally soothing and calming the skin.
• Clary Sage - Helps eliminate overly-dry or overly-oily skin. Acts as natural toner & astringent.
Massage into skin after cleansing in the morning.
What is the percentage of vitamin C?
Our Vitamin C Serum utilizes sodium ascorbyl phosphate (SAP), a form of vitamin C that is much more stable and less prone to oxidation than some traditionally used forms of vitamin C. This serum is wonderful for both sensitive and acne-prone skin! The recommended percentage for efficacy without irritation is different for various forms of vitamin C, and therefore they cannot be compared simply on a percentage basis. Our serum would be comparable to a 15-20% L-ascorbic acid serum. We use a combination of vitamin C, vitamin E and ferulic acid as this trio of ingredients has been shown to offer a compounding antioxidant effect.
Is this supposed to be clear?
A pale yellow, cloudy serum is not outside the realm of normal for our Vitamin C Serum due to the plant extracts (such as chamomile, clary sage, and konjac) used in the formulations.
Do I need to use sunscreen if Vitamin C Serum is applied in the morning?
Our Vitamin C Serum is rich in antioxidants making it a great choice for daytime use, however it doesn't replace a sunscreen. We recommend wearing a physical blocking sunscreen daily to help protect your skin from damage.
What is the consistency like?
The Vitamin C Serum is a thin, gel-like serum that absorbs quickly and easily into skin.
Is this good for acne-prone skin?
Our Vitamin C Serum is wonderful for easily congested and oily skin types. It is a concentrated blend of vitamin C, ferulic acid, and vitamin E along with nutrient-rich konjac root.
Do I apply this morning, night, or both?
We recommend using our Vitamin C Serum in the morning and exfoliants like our Vitamin A Serum or Exfoliating Serum, at night. If you are not using another serum at night, you may apply the Vitamin C Serum twice a day.
How much am I supposed to use?
We recommend using a dime-sized amount of Vitamin C Serum, which is usually enough to cover face and neck.
Does this have a fragrance?
We do not use synthetic fragrances in our line, however, this serum does contain konjac root, chamomile and clary sage extracts which do impart a faint aroma. It does not have a strong smell and dissipates quickly.
Water Deionized, Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate), Alkyl Benzoate, Vegetable Glycerin, Water, Glycerin, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Anisate, Clary Sage (Salvia Sclarea), Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis), Hyaluronic acid, Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Vitamin E (Tocotrienol), Ferulic acid, Chamomile Flower Extract (Recutita Matricaria), Sodium Phytate, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose